Awakening The Wild Dancer – Movement Medicine and Cacao Ceremony with Keef and Aluna Wesolowska-Miles
£20 | Friday 20:00 – 22:00 | BODY Saturday 14:45 – 16:15 | BODY | Capacity – 40
Keef and Aluna are both experienced shamanic teachers having studied deeply with The School of Movement Medicine, XamAM Alba Maria -Terra Mirim Foundation (Brazil) and lived with the Huni Kuin tribe in Acre, Brazil where they were married in a traditional tribal ceremony by Ninawa Pai da Mata, the community leader and tribal Pajé (shaman).
They are ‘Awakening the Wild’, and are passionate about creating collaborative community gatherings and holding sacred spaces for healing, transformation and celebration for individuals and groups. We recognise the need in ourselves as 21st century human beings for connection, movement, touch, space to breathe, places to create together, to heal together, to sing and dance and laugh together, to sit around the sacred fire, to reconnect to nature and our own true natures and to tell good stories, life affirming stories. This movement is medicine. This is LOVE in ACTION. This is poetic presence. This is Awakening the Wild.
This will be a deep dive into the dance of being human, the dream of AWAKENING to truly BEING here-now in relationship with our own wild natures and all of life. With the support of the beautiful heart expanding medicine CACAO we will ride the waves of the music, guided by the mysterious choreography of our sacred bodies, hearts, minds and breath. Blessed we are to dance on this ground! So let’s dance for our lives and the love of all life!
IMPORTANT: all participants must read thoroughly and agree to the AWAKENING THE WILD – general disclaimer for Cacao, Movement Medicine, Rapé and Sananga ceremonies (>link / attached)
SEE BENEATH, need to link both this & Hapeh ceremony. Good to have at booking too if possible – think about where we can house it as an orphan doc?
General Disclaimer for Awakening The Wild Cacao, Movement Medicine, Rapé and Sananga ceremonies
Participation is fully at the risk and choice of participants. It is each person’s responsibility to look after their physical, emotional and mental well being and to clearly inform the ceremonial leaders of any pre-existing health conditions prior to participation. All participants are asked to move at their own pace and to take care of themselves on all levels. Bridging Worlds/Awakening The Wild teachers and artists and all people connected to Bridging Worlds/Awakening The Wild can take no responsibility for any injury you sustain as a result of participating in these ceremonies. By participating I agree to the following:
- I will attend with an empty stomach (otherwise you will vomit, which would be a waste of both the food and the medicine). A ‘light’ meal is fine a couple of hours before the Cacao ceremony, but it is best to avoid eating anything before Rapé and Sananga ceremonies.
- I will not consume alcohol, high caffeine content drinks or recreational drugs in the daytime preceding the ceremony. It is also preferable to avoid excessive consumption the night before.
- I will not participate if I am taking strong medication for existing health conditions especially antidepressants. Please note: Many antidepressants DO NOT MIX with the tryptophan and MAO (Monoamine Oxidase) Inhibitors in this cacao…Google your medication…; and may be contraindicated for use of other plant medicines.
- I will bring a bottle of water and tissues for blowing your nose and possible need to use the toilet (especially for Rapé and Sananga ceremonies)
- Preparation and Integration. I will ensure that I have at least 30 mins (preferably more) before and after the ceremony to be quiet, set intentions and to reflect and integrate
- I understand that Movement Medicine is an activity that involves physical movement. If my physical condition is restricted in any way, I can and will monitor my own level of movement and activity so that I remain within what is appropriate for my body. I am fit and well and able to dance and take responsibility for any cleansing that may occur
- I understand that Rapé, Sananga and Cacao are sacred medicines that have been used for thousands of years and often lead to physical, emotional and spiritual cleansing. I am aware that this may involve ‘purging’ -the release of nasal mucus, vomiting and bowel movements. NOTE: You will be guided around ‘purging possibilities’ at the ceremony.
- Whilst these plant medicines are generally therapeutic for many conditions, it is not advisable to use if you suffer from any serious heart conditions. People with high and low blood pressure should also approach with caution. IT IS IMPERATIVE that you inform the group leaders of any pre-existing conditions before participating in the ceremony. Feel free to email – firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I understand that these ceremonies may bring emotions to the surface. I am willing and able to take full responsibility for my own physical, emotional, mental and spiritual well-being during and after the ceremonies and have access to the appropriate support as may be needed to integrate.
- I will listen to my body and my being and respect my own limits during the ceremonies and afterwards.